Aware, intentional, self guided learning for the most important role I will have in this life. Mother.

Sunday, July 16, 2006


Interesting things that we are learning:

Rain: It rained a lot at the beginning of the week and Spencer really took an interest in it because it meant that it was "yucky" outside. We talked about the dark clouds and what got wet when it rains. We talked about what the birds and animals do when it rains and he splashed in a dirty puddle (against my better judgement). We played in our ghetto pool (a large soup pot) and he'd dunk his shirt in the water and lift it out and say "rain" as the water fell.

New Words:
Get it and got it - He knows when to use each. How crazy is that?!
Ta da - I guess I've never noticed that I say this when I accomplish something. He'll climb upstairs and say "ta da".
Please - Sounds like "peeees". He gets so frustrated sometimes and can't communicate what he wants me to do so he'll freak out and scream and when he's done I'll tell him "you want some water (or whatever). If you'd like me to get you some water you can say "Mama, could you please get me some water?". Then he'll say "pleeeeeese". So cute.
Big and heavy: Spencer will make a huge production out of lifting something and croak "heavy". Funny he'll also do this while we're nursing. He'll lift a breast and say "bi, heavy" while straining under the weight. Little joker.
Here you go: Another one that I didn't realize that I say.
Lie down: I guess I was taking too long to get ready to nurse him down at night. It was one of those double take moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home